As Christian wives, sexual intimacy can be a challenging issue. Worldly influences, shame, sin, and the busyness of life all make it difficult to embrace the beauty and goodness of God’s design for sex in marriage.
Listen in as Jess talks with author & speaker Linda Dillow about:
- if being sexy, and enjoying sex, is OK for a Christian wife
- how to overcome real world challenges and busyness
- why it’s important to make sex a priority in our marriages, and
- how we can have God’s perspective about intimacy with our husbands.
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control” ~Galatians 5:22-23
Related article: Stress, Yelling, and Sin
Books, Articles, & Verses mentioned in this episode:
- Calm My Anxious Heart – Linda Dillow
- Intimate Issues – Linda Dillow & Lorraine Pintus
- 10-week Bible Study: Passion Pursuit – Linda Dillow & Dr. Juli Slattery
- Song of Solomon
- Romans 12:2- “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
- What’s It Like to Be Married to Me? (And Other Dangerous Questions) – Linda Dillow
- Linda Dillow & Dr. Juli Slattery’s website: Authentic Intimacy
- Linda Dillow’s books
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.