Ever felt like you’re just not a very good mom? Do you have trouble embracing the “24-hourness” of life as a mom?
Listen in as Jess talks with Katie LaPierre (her real life friend & fellow-Pastor’s-wife) about:
- the real challenges today’s moms face
- how to overcome feelings of deficiency
- what it means to accept the work of motherhood
- how to pour your gifts into your home
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” ~James 1:5
Connect with Katie:
Other references, resources, & ideas from this episode:
- Acts 17:26- “…he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place…”
- “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.” ~US Supreme Court Associate Justice William Brennan
- 1 Corinthians 6:20- “you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”
- “There is no such thing as a private life, or a place to hide in this world, for a man or woman who is intimately aware of and shares in the sufferings of Jesus Christ. God divides the private life of His saints and makes it a highway for the world on one hand and for Himself on the other. No human being can stand that unless he is identified with Jesus Christ. We are not sanctified for ourselves. We are called into intimacy with the gospel, and things happen that appear to have nothing to do with us. But God is getting us into fellowship with Himself. Let Him have His way. If you refuse, you will be of no value to God in His redemptive work in the world, but will be a hindrance and a stumbling block.” ~Oswald Chambers
- Jess’s site: JessConnell.com
- site for cleaning/organizing help: FlyLady
- BOOK: Sane Woman’s Guide to Raising A Large Family- by Mary Ostyn
- BOOK: Homemaking– by JR Miller
- BOOK: Large Family Logistics– by Kim Brenneman
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.