Ever wondered, how do we stay engaged with God’s Word over the long haul? What should we do when we hit seasons of lack of desire to study the Bible? Or (gulp!) boredom?
Listen as Jess talks with Lisa Hughes about:
- Which Bible study approaches are useful and effective
- How to retain the joy of discovery in your study of Scripture
- What we can do when we hit lack of desire to study, and even boredom
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God.“ ~2 Corinthians 3:5
Learn more about Lisa, her ministry, & Bible studies: ScripturePaths.com
Mentioned by Lisa:
RELATED ARTICLES & BOOKS:
- The Many Benefits of Biblical Meditation – Lisa Hughes
- Get Lisa’s book: God’s Priorities for Today’s Woman: Discovering His Plan for You
- God’s Word: A Firm Foundation – Jess Connell
- I Want to GROW as a Christian Woman (collection of articles about discipleship) – Jess Connell
- Reclaiming JOY in My Personal Bible Study – Jess Connell
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.