Motherhood requires constant adjustments and flexibility, which makes regular Bible study challenging. How can busy moms find time to be grounded in Scripture?
Listen as Jess talks with Lisa Hughes about:
- What challenges moms face in the study of God’s Word
- How to grow in your commitment to studying the Bible
- What we miss out on when busyness keeps us from Scripture
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“break up your fallow ground,
for it is the time to seek the Lord,
that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.“ ~Hosea 10:12
Related article: 5 Questions About Your Spiritual Growth
Learn more about Lisa, her ministry, & Bible studies: ScripturePaths.com
RELATED ARTICLES & BOOKS:
- The Many Benefits of Biblical Meditation – Lisa Hughes
- Get Lisa’s book: God’s Priorities for Today’s Woman: Discovering His Plan for You
- God’s Word: A Firm Foundation – Jess Connell
- I Want to GROW as a Christian Woman (collection of articles about discipleship) – Jess Connell
- Reclaiming JOY in My Personal Bible Study – Jess Connell
“The true Christian was intended by Christ to prove all things by the Word of God, all churches, all ministers, all teaching, all preaching, all doctrines, all sermons, all writings, all opinions, all practices. These are his marching orders. Prove all by the Word of God; measure all by the measure of the Bible; compare all with the standard of the Bible; weigh all in the balances of the Bible; examine all by the light of the Bible; test all in the crucible of the Bible. That which cannot abide the fire of the Bible, reject, refuse, repudiate, and cast away. This is the flag, which He nailed to the mast. May it never be lowered!” — John Wycliffe
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.