Ask almost anyone how they’re doing, and there’s a good chance the response you’ll get is: “busy.” As moms, how can we wisely evaluate each opportunity to ensure we’re being led by the Spirit of God in our family commitments?
Listen as Jess talks with Shelley Miller about:
- Evaluating your family’s commitments, beforehand & afterward
- Integrating spiritually fruitful activities for mom & kids
- How to tell if you’re walking in the Spirit
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“They said to the woman, ‘It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.’ “ ~John 4:42
Related article: Mama, Are You Thinking Ahead?
MENTIONED BY SHELLEY & JESS:
- “Remember Me” — FREE Bible Memorization App
- James 1:5– “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
- NCFCA Homeschool Speech & Debate League – (apologetics in particular)
- Systematic Theology – by Wayne Grudem
- The Attributes of God – by A.W. Tozer
“Beware the barrenness of a busy life.” (caution given by Shelley’s friend)
RELATED ARTICLES & BOOKS:
- End of Summer, Back to School (and a Rant About Extracurricular Activities) – Jess Connell
- Why Your Kids’ Appetites Matter – Jess Connell
- Walk By the Spirit in Your Homeschool Decisions – by Marilyn Howshall
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.