It’s easy to talk about staying connected as a family, but actually BEING together– working through conflict, talking about hard things, and staying connected as a couple– has its challenges. As Christian families, how can we make it happen, even though it’s hard?
Listen as Jess talks with Kami Crawford about:
- staying connected as a busy family
- the difference between me-time & soul-care
- connecting with older kids
- practical ways to pursue family togetherness
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” ~Galatians 5:24
RELATED BOOKS, ARTICLES, VIDEOS, & PODCASTS:
- Book Jess & Kami discussed in episode: The Recovery of Family Life
- Fight For Together (Crawford family vlog) with breakfast date example
- Crawford family running a marathon (vlog)
- Crawfords’ 11-day backpacking trip in 2015
- Connells’ backpacking trip in 2016 (which we didn’t even PLAN until AFTER we recorded this podcast!): 12-Day Wonderland Trail Family Backpacking Adventure
- article: moms opting to stay home with teens
- Mom On Purpose, Ep. 02: Lean In and Learn from Other Moms
- Pt. 1 w/ Kami HERE: Mom On Purpose, Ep. 08: Fight Isolation; Choose Family Togetherness
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.