Many women feel lonely and ill-prepared for the challenges & isolation of motherhood. In almost every other century or place, new moms were surrounded by extended family and a community of women. What can help us navigate this tough season?
Listen as Jess talks with Kami Crawford about:
- the isolation of the typical American mom
- recognizing our need for others
- embracing the hardness of family togetherness, and
- the challenges of having older kids
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.” ~Psalm 118:24
Related article: How Will You Infuse JOY Into Today?
Related Articles & Podcasts:
- 7 Ways I Beat Postpartum Stress – Jess Connell
- 10 Essential Self-Care Habits for Moms – Jess Connell
- Avoid Burnout: Intentionally Steward YOU – Jess Connell
- Article: Why Stay-at-Home Parents Are Good for Older Children
- Article: Why Are America’s Postpartum Practices So Rough on New Mothers?
- Article: How Other Cultures Prevent Postpartum Depression
- Mom On Purpose, episode 3: When Motherhood Is Overwhelming
- Mom On Purpose, episode 4: Set Realistic Postpartum Expectations
Connect with Kami Crawford:
- Fight For Together: Why We Vlog
- They Live In Our Backyard (about family togetherness)
- Their most popular video: Kami’s home birth
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.