What’s a mom to do when dad approaches discipline differently? Can we get on the same page? And how do we reach out to find the parenting wisdom we desperately need?
Listen as Jess talks with Emily Jensen (mom of 4 kids, ages 3 and under), about
- thinking through parenting issues alongside our husbands
- how we can tell when we’ve been out of the house too much
- getting help when we need it
- seeking wisdom from older women
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh.” ~Mark 10:7-8
Connect with Emily Jensen:
Articles, Books, & Podcasts:
- Getting On the Same Parenting Page as Your Husband – Jess Connell
- What to Do When You Don’t Know How to Discipline – Emily Jensen
- Wives, Honor Your Husband’s Preferences – Emily Jensen
- The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child’s Heart for Eternity- Sally Clarkson (excellent book!!!)
- Mom Enough– free e-book from Desiring God
- Lean in and Learn from Other Women (ep. 02- Mom on Purpose podcast)
- On the Same Team: Getting on the Same Page as Parents (ep. 28- Risen Motherhood podcast)
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.